+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lions Tour 2017 - some advice please!

Lurker McForbes is on a distinguished road

Default Lions Tour 2017 - some advice please!

Hi,

A small group of us are starting to think about saving up for the Lions tour in 2017 and to follow the lions to hopefully every game, which is why we need so much time to save up. I am new to all this and was hoping if anyone could give me some advice on how much a full tour would cost and how to go about organising such a thing. I have done a bit of research into package deals offered for next years tour and they all seem to stop at the 3 tests and an emerging springboks game.

I'm hoping get in touch with die-hard Lions followers who have been there and done it for some useful advice.

Thanks in advance.

Lion Cub ChesterTansy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Lions Tour 2017 - some advice please!

Hi McForbes and welcome to the board.
    I admire your fortitude in planning so far in advance - I'd have spent the money on beer long before then

I think that you'll just need to do some more research on the Web - a quick look at the OTA sites throws up this https://secure.thomascooksport.com/b...hp?id=2028&m=f for a Flight & Ticket only from Thomas Cook for all matches. Or from Gullivers http://www.gulliverstravel.co.uk/pag...01000100010009

I'm not necessarily recommending that you use / don't use the OTAs, but it'll at least give you a starter for 10.

Good luck & happy hunting!

Moderator Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather's Avatar

I agree with what Tansy was saying you need to look at what prices are at the moment to give you some idea of cost in 8 years time.

I can't remember what the Australia 3 test tour cost us in 2001 (same time difference) as we added stop over on the way back I think it was something about 2500 and at the moment they are just over the 4K mark.

Of course you may choose not to go with an OTA so it may be worth while starting to establish contact with people in NZ so you can at least have places to stay while you are there.

Welcome to the board and look forward to reading your posts.

Fingers crossed we still have tours in 2017!!
    Should I or shouldn't I?

Lurker McForbes is on a distinguished road

Thanks.

I'm thinking you either have to be very rich or very organised to manage a Lions tour. I'm hoping to develop good organisational skills in the next 8 years or so.

I know there has been some uncerainty in the past as to whether the Lions are going to keep touring but they seem to keep trundling on so I'm confident our plans will not go to waste. This is going to be a once in a lifetime thing for us.. I can't wait!!

Thanks for the links so far, I will check them out when I have time.

regards

Lion Cub goodies1 is on a distinguished road

Re: Lions Tour 2017 - some advice please!

[QUOTE=McForbes]Hi,

A small group of us are starting to think about saving up for the Lions tour in 2017 and to follow the lions to hopefully every game, which is why we need so much time to save up. I am new to all this and was hoping if anyone could give me some advice on how much a full tour would cost and how to go about organising such a thing. I have done a bit of research into package deals offered for next years tour and they all seem to stop at the 3 tests and an emerging springboks game.

I'm hoping get in touch with die-hard Lions followers who have been there and done it for some useful advice.

Thanks in advance.[/Mate the way it is going you will need to own Gullivers to get a good deal, the hwole thing is so corporate as to be unbelievable. NZ will be worse despite the rugby madness of the place the stadiums are tiny in comparison to our own. We paid 380 for two tickets in Wellington as we walked to the ground they were 1,000 a pair! Good luck

+ Reply to Thread