+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lions-Tour.com Selection

Administrator Ben is a jewel in the rough Ben is a jewel in the rough Ben's Avatar

Default Lions-Tour.com Selection

What do you think about our selection of who should make the squad:

http://www.lions-tour.com/2013/04/29...uad-selection/

I've gone for one or two more controversial choices which will no doubt make your blood boil for some of you... (Hi Heather )

Lions Legend flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice

Default Re: Lions-Tour.com Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    What do you think about our selection of who should make the squad:

http://www.lions-tour.com/2013/04/29...uad-selection/

I've gone for one or two more controversial choices which will no doubt make your blood boil for some of you... (Hi Heather )
    My blood is boiling, I will get back to that latter.

Nice selection and good explanations for most of the controversial inclusions.

However, and this is why my blood is boiling, how can Gethin Jenkins even be considered before Sheridan is selected?

Brad Barritt also needs some explaination although personnally I can easily understand his selection.

In brief there should be explanations for some of the selections at prop and center.

Lions Legend Yrrab has a spectacular aura about them

Default Re: Lions-Tour.com Selection

I don't get this logic that ashton is good when the team is good. Surely its a given that a half-decent winger scores when his team is on top. Pretty much every winger in contention can do that and this is even ignoring the fact that ashton hasn't even been capable of that this season.

Selecting ashton suggests an arrogance that the superiority required to get ashton into a game will be there. If you're picking a squad with a limited number of guys from a large pool to win an incredibly important test series how do you justify the guy who 'can' score tries when the team is in all likelihood going to win over guys who can actually contribute to a close game and better yet not hinder the team in other aspects.

What it boils down to is people touting ashton as a viable pick suggest that if the team is likely to win and ashton is in the team, they're even more likely to win ignoring the flipside being that if a team is likely to lose and ashton is in the team, they're more likely to lose. And this is assuming ashton can actually contribute consistently to a winning team which I don't even believe he can in his current state, not better than most of the other candidates at least.

Ashton tirade over.

+ Reply to Thread