+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions V W Force

Lions Addict Shevkio has a spectacular aura about them

Default Re: Lions V W Force

Warburton will obviously start the tests. Therefore, you choose between Heaslip and Faletau at 8 and between O'Brien, Croft and Lydiate at 6. Unless of course Tipuric starts at 7, Warburton at 6 and the same as above at 8. Does that work it out??
    'A Lion would definitely smash a Wallaby in a brawl'

Lions Legend flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Shevkio View Post
    Warburton will obviously start the tests. Therefore, you choose between Heaslip and Faletau at 8 and between O'Brien, Croft and Lydiate at 6. Unless of course Tipuric starts at 7, Warburton at 6 and the same as above at 8. Does that work it out??
    Except that Warburton is injured at the moment. There's no telling what's in the coaching teams heads.
    Last edited by flobber_fairy; 3rd June 2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Changed a bad sentence.

Lions Legend leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zinny. View Post
    There probably wont be a contest, just a whole lot of thuggery & a rout on the scoreboard.

Rumours are that none of the Force starting XV will play against the Warratahs 4 days later so in effect, the Lions will be playing the B team of the 13th ranked Super Rugby side which has absolutely no chance of making the playoffs.

Shameful, disgraceful & a rip off to all who paid big bucks to watch this. Where's the pride gone?
    Pretty disappointing if this is true. I realise we won't be up against players in the national squad but you would hope the Aus teams would put out the best of the rest and not save them for super rugby.
    Ambition is critical

Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leighton View Post
    Pretty disappointing if this is true. I realise we won't be up against players in the national squad but you would hope the Aus teams would put out the best of the rest and not save them for super rugby.
    It's a disgrace.

If it were the Brumbies who are genuine contenders for the title, I still wouldn't condone sending out a 2nd string side but would accept the logic behind it.

The Force are least affected by having test players in camp & they aren't a bad side & it wouldnt be outrageous to suggest an upset was not impossible but to put a dead rubber S15 match ahead of this is disgusting. It's a once a career opportunity & something for the history of a club.

The Lions don't always play the strongest provinces on tour & when they do they're often depleted but at least in SA & NZ, there's a bit of respect shown to the opposition & the thousands of folk who travel all this way to be part of the most special tour in rugby & it goes without saying that there's pride in the provinces & the Lions generally don't get anything without a fight.

Basically all we're hearing from the Force is how they'll probably lose but their intention is to put the hurt on.
    Effing Aussies need their heads checked. They really are wankers.

The team will be announced soon.

Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar

There's a few of the test bench players mixed in with rank dirt trackers so it could have been worse but it'll still be a routing.

Sam Norton-Knight........lol

Lion King johnrgby is a jewel in the rough johnrgby is a jewel in the rough johnrgby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zinny. View Post
    There's a few of the test bench players mixed in with rank dirt trackers so it could have been worse but it'll still be a routing.

Sam Norton-Knight........lol

Thats where he is! I never thought he would still be hanging on in there.
    Life is not the way it,s supposed to be. It,s the way it is The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

Lion King johnrgby is a jewel in the rough johnrgby is a jewel in the rough johnrgby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flobber_fairy View Post
    Whilst I was soaking in the Bath tub I had the most awful nightmarish scary thought. A back row of Croft, Tipuric and Heaslip, there's no way the lions squad could cover that but it's still possible even for a test.
    Are you sure you wern,t asleep and actually having a nightmare
    Life is not the way it,s supposed to be. It,s the way it is The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

Lions Legend leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton's Avatar

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-g...-1226657158237

"Seven of the Force's 23-man team are uncapped at Super Rugby level, and another nine have played 15 games or less for the Force."

"a bench mostly drafted in from Sydney club rugby"

Last time I looked Sydney was in New South Wales?!
    Ambition is critical

Quote Originally Posted by leighton View Post
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-g...-1226657158237

"Seven of the Force's 23-man team are uncapped at Super Rugby level, and another nine have played 15 games or less for the Force."

"a bench mostly drafted in from Sydney club rugby"

Last time I looked Sydney was in New South Wales?!

Can I change my prediction now I went for the Lions by 19 may be it should have been 91

Quote Originally Posted by johnrgby View Post
    Thats where he is! I never thought he would still be hanging on in there.
    Unbelievably so.

7 of the match day 23 have never played Super Rugby before, 5 of which are on the bench.

There's Sam Norton-knight (the worst FH to have ever been paid) at 10 running a backline with only 19 Super rugby caps outside him. Never heard of any of them nor the newbies on the bench.

The starting hooker has 1 Super rugby match under his belt.

Oh dear!!

The plus sides (& I'll be generous here):

The scrum halves are bloody good, especially Alby Mathewson, a one time All Black tourist & Sheehan is not out of place in test rugby.
    Toby Lynn can be a decent lock, well, he's a Kiwi so wont be crap but went to Oz because he couldn't find a regular spot for the Chiefs.
    Ma'afu, well nothing special but a Wallaby nevertheless.
    Richard Brown is a bloody good 8 but still 2nd fiddle to McCalman.
    Matt Hodgson (C) is a decent openside & a regular starter.

Crap really, shithouse as buggery.

A non contest.
    Last edited by Zinny.; 4th June 2013 at 10:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread