+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions v Combined NSW/QLD Country

Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar

Default Re: Lions v Combined NSW/QLD Country

This wont even be a match, it's a bunch of amateurs with the odd S15 extended squad member chucked in for good measure, that is, S15 players who only ever get called up onto the bench in times of injury crisis.
    Beau Robinson would have been by far their best player but he got knocked out cold yesterday.

Any XV would do as it's certainly no preparation....for anything really.

The Lions should rack up 150 & have a bit of fun. Perhaps try a few no look reverse back spin flick passes. Chuck a few props on the wing & let them know what it feels like to dot down.

Lion King English Fella is a jewel in the rough English Fella is a jewel in the rough English Fella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gar j View Post
    Team has been named. Dear God.

15.Maitland, 14.Cuthbert, 13.BOD, 12.Roberts, 11.North, 10.Hogg, 9.Murray, 1.Corbs, 2.Hibbard, 3.Cole, 4.Gray, 5. Evans, 6.O'Brien, 7.Tips, 8.Heaslip

Bench: Grant, Stevens, Best, AWJ, Faletau, Phillips, J.Davies, Halfpenny

The selection at fly half is mystifying. What happens if Hogg gets injured after 5 minutes. Maitland at full back?

When is Gatland planning to play his potential starting team together? Saturday seems like the obvious choice but there are a few in this team who are going to have to double up. North for example looks set to play the majority of 3 games in7 days. Gatland's selection of limited backs numbers is starting to come home to roost.
    I can't believe SW hasn't been given game time. It's scaring me that Gatland seems to have decided he's going to play in the tests regardless of form. Glad BOD and Roberts are lining up together and that back row looks very strong. I agree that Sexton and Farrell both looked like they picked up niggles on Saturday so may be rested against a weak opposition.....again highlighting our lack of strength in depth at 10.

Lions Legend flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice

It is definitely the match to rest players who need it. No need to sound the alarm bells imo.

Lions Addict Shevkio has a spectacular aura about them

By the looks of things, the Lions will score a hatful of tries against very mediocre opposition. Hogg was always cover for the two 10's so not really a surprise to see him there allowing Farrell and Sexton to rest. No need to risk the skipper either especially as he's just come through his first big test unscathed. To play him again on Tuesday would (IMO) be ludicrous. He has just recovered from a knee injury and I'm sure he'd be feeling it this morning. Sensible to rest him and play him on Saturday in another big test. Gatland still needs to look at some combinations and the fact that BOD and Roberts are playing together is a big pointer to the 1st test. No need to panic guys.
    'A Lion would definitely smash a Wallaby in a brawl'

Lions Addict Shevkio has a spectacular aura about them

Having been watching Sky Sports this morning, the pundits are predicting a cricket score. This sentiment has been echoed by Zinny... Therefore why I ask, is our kiwi friend only predicting a 23 point swing??? Interesting.... Some game playing there perhaps?
    'A Lion would definitely smash a Wallaby in a brawl'

Moderator Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather's Avatar

We need to remember that the Lions is not a 'team' yet either, which is why we should never assume anything.
    Should I or shouldn't I?

WRU = Disgrace ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    We need to remember that the Lions is not a 'team' yet either, which is why we should never assume anything.
    I'm going to assume a cricket score.

It could be eighty something points that the Lions rack up.

I'm glad this is the only match of the tour I haven't booked a day off for.
    "Lets be clear about the 6m first and foremost. The 6m is not for player release. They use that in their statements, but if you look at our Participation Agreement signed in 2009, there is a split in there about what player release is. Out of the 6m, 2.7m is a core grant. Another 2.4m is to keep the non-Welsh qualified player quota down under an agreed limit. Player release is about less than 1.5m, so don't be misled by statements that say 6m is being paid for player release."

Lions Legend Yrrab has a spectacular aura about them

Can't see this game providing much value.

Moderator Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletLion View Post
    I'm going to assume a cricket score.

It could be eighty something points that the Lions rack up.

I'm glad this is the only match of the tour I haven't booked a day off for.
    10 mins in and you could be right sl.
    Should I or shouldn't I?

Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shevkio View Post
    Having been watching Sky Sports this morning, the pundits are predicting a cricket score. This sentiment has been echoed by Zinny... Therefore why I ask, is our kiwi friend only predicting a 23 point swing??? Interesting.... Some game playing there perhaps?
    Nah I was trashed & waiting for a taxi in Brisbane after a bender when doing the picks & my thinking at the time was perhaps a few of the Wallabies were from the "Country" but it obviously doesnt work like that & you cant change them once they're done.

If the Lions score less than 100 points they should get their pay docked.

+ Reply to Thread