+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 168

Thread: Waratahs v the Lions

  1. #41
    Moderator gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,145

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    4 of NSW's Wallabies have been released from the squad to play in this one.

    The Tahs do have an injury crisis at the moment but I'm happy that they will name the strongest 15 they can. There's a fair bit of talk here about the now notorious 2001 fixture between these 2 teams, which is helping to hype the match. Can't see the Tahs taking this anything less than seriously.
    Tom Tucker: In local news, a sexy new trend has emerged at James Woods High.

    Diane Simmons: That's right, Tom. It appears that students have taken to having ear sex in lieu of traditional intercourse.

    Tom Tucker: Over 200 reports of ear sex have been confirmed so far, prompting a new slogan: "Once you go black, you go deaf."

  2. #42
    Moderator Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pontypridd
    Posts
    7,512

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by gar j View Post
    4 of NSW's Wallabies have been released from the squad to play in this one.

    The Tahs do have an injury crisis at the moment but I'm happy that they will name the strongest 15 they can. There's a fair bit of talk here about the now notorious 2001 fixture between these 2 teams, which is helping to hype the match. Can't see the Tahs taking this anything less than seriously.
    Just what we want to see, some real opposition!
    Should I or shouldn't I?

  3. #43
    Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,813

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Shevkio View Post
    According to all reports (and noises from the players) they are a very happy bunch indeed. And Gatland is a much shrewder man than that idiot Henry. How we managed to lose that series I'll never know. I have aired my doubts about some of his decisions thus far but at present, it all seems to be going to plan. And only time will tell as to how critical the front row injuries are.
    Gats shrewder than Sir Ted? Not even in the same league.

    Gats has spent far more time in the NH so is more adept at handling the limitations of those players & adopts simpler & safer gameplans to suit & you can see it with the way Wales play. It's simple, low risk & effective & works more often than not against similar strength teams but they'll never reach awesomosity levels that Tedball can.

    Down here where Ted's from, getting flogged to buggery in training is customary & it's necessary to achieve a level of intensity & sophistication that when we're firing on all cylinders, there's a certain level that blows anything else away (refer to 2005, 6, 8 as classic examples). It's fast, accurate, powerhouse rugby that simply rips Gatlandball to pieces.

    To get a bunch of NH fellas to play Tedball is probably asking a bit too much but I'm sure the ambition was there to achieve something great, probably not just to beat Aussie but to absolutely destroy them, but yeah, bugger.

    All in all, probably fair to say that Gats is a good coach for a European team & without taking over the world, he's doing a decent job.
    .

  4. #44
    Lions Addict Shevkio has a spectacular aura about them
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    Your man nearly managed to lose you guys the World Cup and with a squad that was outstanding.... And yes, the bloke who played for Bath last year had to be called up to kick the winning goal (and he is average) but he still almost blew it!
    'A Lion would definitely smash a Wallaby in a brawl'

  5. #45
    Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,813

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Shevkio View Post
    Your man nearly managed to lose you guys the World Cup and with a squad that was outstanding.... And yes, the bloke who played for Bath last year had to be called up to kick the winning goal (and he is average) but he still almost blew it!
    There's only so much a coach can do from the box & no one is perfect but some of the best rugby ever played was under his watch & 88 wins from 103 tests don't lie.

    And you can't be too picky on how you win games when your 5 best 10's are injured & the star openside has a loose screw in his foot but there's no excuses for winning a WC.

    Beaver is a legend.

    Anyway, back to the Tahs game.

    Jeremy Tilse, John Ulugia, Paddy Ryan, Will Skelton, Ollie Atkins, Jed Holloway, Pat McCutcheon, Dave Dennis (capt), Brendan McKibbin, Bernard Foley, Peter Betham, Tom Carter, Rob Horne, Cam Crawford, Drew Mitchell.*Reserves:*Luke Holmes, Richard Aho, Sam Talakai, Lopeti Timani, AJ Gilbert, Matt Convict
    Last edited by Zinny.; 14th June 2013 at 09:03 AM.
    .

  6. #46
    Lions Legend flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ORANGE
    Posts
    4,543

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinny. View Post
    Gats shrewder than Sir Ted? Not even in the same league.

    Gats has spent far more time in the NH so is more adept at handling the limitations of those players & adopts simpler & safer gameplans to suit & you can see it with the way Wales play. It's simple, low risk & effective & works more often than not against similar strength teams but they'll never reach awesomosity levels that Tedball can.

    Down here where Ted's from, getting flogged to buggery in training is customary & it's necessary to achieve a level of intensity & sophistication that when we're firing on all cylinders, there's a certain level that blows anything else away (refer to 2005, 6, 8 as classic examples). It's fast, accurate, powerhouse rugby that simply rips Gatlandball to pieces.

    To get a bunch of NH fellas to play Tedball is probably asking a bit too much but I'm sure the ambition was there to achieve something great, probably not just to beat Aussie but to absolutely destroy them, but yeah, bugger.

    All in all, probably fair to say that Gats is a good coach for a European team & without taking over the world, he's doing a decent job.
    Oh shut up Zinny!
    I don't know about coaches but players?
    Well the other night I was all nostalgic and watched some 1990's rugby (french) and crikey was it poor. We've come on from that but still have a long way to go working on workload and skill sets. We're still too reliant on the kicking game but when each year a club has 8-10 new recruits what can you expect. And if you haven't got it at club level you won't get it at international level whoever the coach is.

  7. #47
    Lion King Bee Quin is just really nice Bee Quin is just really nice Bee Quin is just really nice
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    On tour!!!
    Posts
    1,136

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    Just waiting for the Manly ferry after a really entertaining Shute Shield game between Manly & Sydney Uni! Definitely Lions numbers building - plenty at this game so could be fun boat ride! Ready for the game now - some locals sounding confident that they'll give us a game at least!

  8. #48
    Lions Addict Shevkio has a spectacular aura about them
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    I have a feeling the Lions will be 10-15 points better than the Tahs. Probably similar to the Reds game... Expect a 100 mile an hour start!
    'A Lion would definitely smash a Wallaby in a brawl'

  9. #49
    Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,813

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Shevkio View Post
    I have a feeling the Lions will be 10-15 points better than the Tahs. Probably similar to the Reds game... Expect a 100 mile an hour start!
    They should be 40-50 points better.

    The Tahs are nothing like the Reds, a bit more orthodox but I guess with nothing to lose they might go nuts. Cant picture it though.
    .

  10. #50
    Lions Legend Yrrab has a spectacular aura about them
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,885

    Default Re: Waratahs v the Lions

    Two very good passes from davies to set up potential finishes.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts