+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Side to face the ACT Brumbies

WRU = Disgrace ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion's Avatar

Default Re: Side to face the ACT Brumbies

I'm predicting a lucky Lions win. Ora Brumbies victory.

Hogg is going to have a rough time at 10.
    "Lets be clear about the 6m first and foremost. The 6m is not for player release. They use that in their statements, but if you look at our Participation Agreement signed in 2009, there is a split in there about what player release is. Out of the 6m, 2.7m is a core grant. Another 2.4m is to keep the non-Welsh qualified player quota down under an agreed limit. Player release is about less than 1.5m, so don't be misled by statements that say 6m is being paid for player release."

Lion King wasps_fan is just really nice wasps_fan is just really nice wasps_fan is just really nice wasps_fan is just really nice wasps_fan's Avatar

I don't know what all the chat about Williams being in Australia is about...

http://planetrugby.com/lions/story/0...779880,00.html

He was in Japan and had just played against the top team there before being rung up to fly into Aus. He was flying into Aus this week anyway though so guess that's convenient for the Lions. Hopefully he puts in a performance we've come to know him for because we're gunna need him!

We need these players to put in big performances -
    - Evans & Gray
    - SOB, Tips & Faletau
    - Youngs
    - Twelvetrees, Williams & Kearney

Can see Hogg and Stevens struggling. Barritt won't struggle as he'll be solid, but he won't offer anything in attack. He will need to come off the pitch too as he's been on holiday and won't be match fit. So think Farrell will come on at 10, then Hogg might move to 13?
    [B][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Yellow]If you wanna go to heaven when you die[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Black]If you wanna go to heaven when you die[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Yellow]Wear a black and yellow bonnet[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Black]With Waspies written on it[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Yellow]If you wanna go to heaven when you die[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletLion View Post
    I'm predicting a lucky Lions win. Ora Brumbies victory.

Hogg is going to have a rough time at 10.
    Have you seen their forward pack? It's the weakest one the Brumbies could possibly field.

They're also fielding an entirely new backline.

If a bunch of test players can't smack these blokes up & starve the backs of ball then you really need to dock some wages.

You'll pulverize the bastards.

Moderator gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j is a splendid one to behold gar j's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zinny. View Post
    Have you seen their forward pack? It's the weakest one the Brumbies could possibly field.

They're also fielding an entirely new backline.

If a bunch of test players can't smack these blokes up & starve the backs of ball then you really need to dock some wages.

You'll pulverize the bastards.
    There are 5 regular starters in the Brumbies pack....3 regular starters in the backs.

It's still a pretty good lineup

Lions by 7
    Tom Tucker: In local news, a sexy new trend has emerged at James Woods High.

Diane Simmons: That's right, Tom. It appears that students have taken to having ear sex in lieu of traditional intercourse.

Tom Tucker: Over 200 reports of ear sex have been confirmed so far, prompting a new slogan: "Once you go black, you go deaf."

WRU = Disgrace ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion's Avatar

The side includes 2 players that have retired from test rugby.
    4 players that have never played in the squad before and have just been called up.
    3 players making their Lions debuts.
    And a few players drastically out of position.
    It's a makeshift, depserate midweek scratch side that will struggle in lots of departments.
    "Lets be clear about the 6m first and foremost. The 6m is not for player release. They use that in their statements, but if you look at our Participation Agreement signed in 2009, there is a split in there about what player release is. Out of the 6m, 2.7m is a core grant. Another 2.4m is to keep the non-Welsh qualified player quota down under an agreed limit. Player release is about less than 1.5m, so don't be misled by statements that say 6m is being paid for player release."

Lions Legend flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice flobber_fairy is just really nice

you really need to dock some wages.
    you've ruined it all for me, I thought they did it for free, where has the romanticism gone?

Moderator fordy is a name known to all fordy is a name known to all fordy is a name known to all fordy is a name known to all fordy is a name known to all fordy is a name known to all fordy's Avatar

The ridiculous thing is the fact that the lions have as many fit wings and full backs as they selected to tour in the first place. Possibly more, pending news on North.

Thus the Williams selection (which I'm fine with) is even an admission that they didn't take enough players in the first place, or that Maitland's or Cuthbert's selection was wrong. Otherwise why can't Zebo play against ACT.

Moderator Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather's Avatar

If I were this Lions team I'd go out and just have a 'good time'!
    Should I or shouldn't I?

Lions Legend diarm is a name known to all diarm is a name known to all diarm is a name known to all diarm is a name known to all diarm is a name known to all diarm is a name known to all diarm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wasps_fan View Post
    I don't disagree with you on any of those points.
    in fairness i'm 83% sure he is british.

i don't agree with him being there because i can't stand the lying little runt. other than that its an ok call. certainly better than having the likes of maitland on tour.

i imagine zebo won't play because he's going to play on saturday. looking more and more like north won't make it.

Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gar j View Post
    There are 5 regular starters in the Brumbies pack....3 regular starters in the backs.

It's still a pretty good lineup

Lions by 7
    Fair enough. Haven't paid much attention to the Brumbies this year & their team keeps changing.

They're only missing 4 Wobs, this could be a potential ass whipping.

+ Reply to Thread