+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it strange........

WRU = Disgrace ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion's Avatar

Default Isn't it strange........

....that what we've been waiting 4 years for is only 3 sleeps away.

Most of us joined this site because we were Lions fanatics. And it's almost upon us. I wish I was out there, it must be quite something to be part of a Lions touring party (although I'd rather do one of the other 2 personally ;)).

No matter who's picked I'll support them. No matter who drops the ball he needs to get back up again and keep going.

On another note, I feel that this Summer, is the time when Australian sport is going to crumble a notch. The Lions and the Ashes - in 3 months. Now is the time to shut the Pom haters up and make them realise that we're not just a group of pasty white, warm beer drinking, sheep loving, haggis eating pansies. The Olympics showed we can compete at the highest level - against the odds. We can do it. Lets shove it up em.
    "Lets be clear about the 6m first and foremost. The 6m is not for player release. They use that in their statements, but if you look at our Participation Agreement signed in 2009, there is a split in there about what player release is. Out of the 6m, 2.7m is a core grant. Another 2.4m is to keep the non-Welsh qualified player quota down under an agreed limit. Player release is about less than 1.5m, so don't be misled by statements that say 6m is being paid for player release."

Lion King laurentian is a glorious beacon of light laurentian is a glorious beacon of light laurentian is a glorious beacon of light laurentian is a glorious beacon of light laurentian is a glorious beacon of light laurentian's Avatar

Default Re: Isn't it strange........

THAT!!

Lion King English Fella is a jewel in the rough English Fella is a jewel in the rough English Fella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletLion View Post

Most of us joined this site because we were Lions fanatics. And it's almost upon us. I wish I was out there, it must be quite something to be part of a Lions touring party (although I'd rather do one of the other 2 personally ;)).

No matter who's picked I'll support them. No matter who drops the ball he needs to get back up again and keep going.

On another note, I feel that this Summer, is the time when Australian sport is going to crumble a notch. The Lions and the Ashes - in 3 months. Now is the time to shut the Pom haters up and make them realise that we're not just a group of pasty white, warm beer drinking, sheep loving, haggis eating pansies. The Olympics showed we can compete at the highest level - against the odds. We can do it. Lets shove it up em.
    Ben...someone has hacked SLs account, can you look into it please?

Amen to all of the above!

Lions Legend leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton is a splendid one to behold leighton's Avatar

It is the most special tour, a selection who will never play together again, a true one-off occasion. It must be sensational to be one of those selected. Fabulous and exciting. And so rare in rugby not to have the same old fixtures coming round once more. No second chances.

Play up, boys. This is your Everest.
    Ambition is critical

Moderator Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather is a splendid one to behold Heather's Avatar

I'm feeling really proud to a B & I Lions supporter!

COME ON THE LIONS!
    Should I or shouldn't I?

Lions Legend Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny. is a name known to all Zinny.'s Avatar

There was a good interview by Shane Williams a few days back. He reckons the lads are just fizzing with the "arrogant" belief that they can pull this one off.
    The B&I nations can be picked off & smashed up one by one without a problem but the last tour showed the ruthless raw power the Lions can generate once they've found their rhythm which could potentially blow the Aussies to pieces. The problem last time is that they clicked a bit too late, a 4th test would have seen the Boks in tatters.

The Lions need to win this one, it'll set up the next tour (the BIG one) just nicely & do wonders for the Lions brand.

Administrator Ben is a jewel in the rough Ben is a jewel in the rough Ben's Avatar

I've just put the match preview up and I thought I'd link to a video of where we left off four years ago. Stirring stuff...

http://www.lions-tour.com/index.php/...h-irish-lions/

WRU = Disgrace ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion is a splendid one to behold ScarletLion's Avatar
    "Lets be clear about the 6m first and foremost. The 6m is not for player release. They use that in their statements, but if you look at our Participation Agreement signed in 2009, there is a split in there about what player release is. Out of the 6m, 2.7m is a core grant. Another 2.4m is to keep the non-Welsh qualified player quota down under an agreed limit. Player release is about less than 1.5m, so don't be misled by statements that say 6m is being paid for player release."

Lion King johnrgby is a jewel in the rough johnrgby is a jewel in the rough johnrgby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletLion View Post

SL

while I agree with the sentiments of your post, I have to ask are you taking to much of somethiong????
    Life is not the way it,s supposed to be. It,s the way it is The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrgby View Post
    SL

while I agree with the sentiments of your post, I have to ask are you taking to much of somethiong????
    pale ale, red wine + no sleep = smiles and confusion

+ Reply to Thread